You’ll thank me later…
You guys. I’m not even going to have a super long intro for this because I really just want to share this recipe with you. I found it on pinterest years ago and make it often. It is SO easy, and absolutely delicious!
What You’ll Need:
- 2-3 Chicken Breasts
- 2 TBSP. Olive Oil
- 2 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 1 Medium Onion, Diced
- 1 Diced Red Pepper
- 1, 4 oz. Can of Diced Green Chiles
- ½ TSP. of Salt
- 2 TSP. of Chili Powder
- 2, 10 oz. Cans of Green Enchilada Sauce
- ⅔ Cup of Red Enchilada Sauce
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheese. My favorite is Colby Jack cheese, but Pepper Jack works well too.
- 1 Cup of Sour Cream
- Penne Pasta. A box and a half usually makes plenty.
How To Make It:
- First, cook your chicken, then, shred it and keep it warm.
- Meanwhile, begin to boil a pot of water, and cook your noodles. Like I mentioned, a box and a half usually does the trick. (it made plenty for a family of six.)
- Chop up all the veggies. I would suggest doing this before your chicken is done. It can be a bit time consuming and you’ll want to have them all ready to cook in a small time frame.
- Heat your olive oil in a pan or skillet. I usually end up using a Wok because once you start putting everything together, it tends to boil over, so a Wok that cooks everything evenly is a good call.
- Next, throw in your onions for 3-5 minutes. Onions take a while to cook so you need to toss them in first.
- After you let your onions cook, add the garlic and red pepper, and let it cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- After you’ve let your veggies cook for a while, add in your green chiles, cumin, chili powder, salt, and both enchilada sauces. Let that simmer for about 10 minutes.
- ALMOST DONE! Add your cheese next and stir it until it’s melted.
- After your cheese has melted, add your sour cream, but DO NOT let it boil. That will curdle your sour cream and everything will be ruined.
- Finally, drain your pasta and add your sauce to the pasta. Stir until all noodles are covered.
Now that it’s ready to serve, remember that this is called enchilada pasta, so adding sour cream, cheese, tomatoes, avocados, tomatoes, olives, etc on top will make it even better. Trust me!
As a bonus, for any vegetarians out there, I’ve heard that adding black beans instead of chicken is pretty delicious, and a good substitute.
You guys, I promise this is so delicious! Enjoy!